Thursday, July 16, 2009

Trauma for this Momma!

As a mother, our first priority is to love and protect our children! This is true for me everyday, I suppose today gave me a challenge in this role! Our little peanut Ella got her first ouchie today. It certainly hurt Mommy the most. She was on the bed (I know...bad idea). I turn for truly a second and that is all it took. Kaboom. Yikes... She rolled off...
All those thoughts...
Is she okay?
That was a bad Mommy move.
How is her head?
Is she bruised??
AND On, AND On...
I cried many more tears than Ella did.
She has a rug burn on her nose ( a bit Rudolph like), and thankfully she is recovering just fine. Me on the other hand, still coping!!

3 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Oh Kim - I can imagine YOU took it the hardest (only because we are so alike and I would do the EXACT same thing)!!!

You are an AMAZING Mama...

J

beachy keen girl said...

I did the same exact thing with Bryce when he was a baby. Bryce was fine once I picked him up but I instantly called Bart bawling my eyes out, I think I cried off and on all day. What an awful experience! I so feel your pain.

I'm sure little Miss Ella Bean still thinks you are the best mama around, and has already forgotten about what happened :) You are such a great mom!

Stacey said...

I SOOOO remember the first time BOTH of my kids fell off of the bed. TRAUMATIC!!!