Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pass some TP PLEASE!!!

Kevin and I generally very proud of the manners that Tess has. Although she is still three years old and has her moments. she is a very mannerly little girl.... Some shining moments: She is wonderful about saying please, thank you, I am sorry, I love you..... She always says her prayers before her meals and at bedtime, without being reminded She always wants to help out She is respectful and we feel taking her just about any where, although so needs reminders sometimes because she is three, she does a great job adjusting to new situations and meeting new people There are many more and Ella is well on her way, so far she is so laid back and she just rolls with the situation Now on the other hand, we as parents realize that no child is perfect and some manners take more work then others...One in particular..... The fact that Tess did the following is a concern for us: We were outside playing, in the front yard, she dropped her drawers and before we knew she was showing her dairy air and going potty...."I have to go potty" she calmly said We were speechless for a moment. While our mouth were wide -open and our heads simultaneously shaking "No, No", she giggled, pulled her pants up and looked at us for a reaction. To top it off, Ella let out a random giggle. Tess receives an A+ for the skill of the act. We had to laugh, what else can you do? (except try to hide the laughter) We are REALLY glad we live in the country. I promise we are going to work on this one!

4 comments:

The Buening Family said...

YES! Just last week Erica decided that she needed to potty while we were at the lake. At least she told me and didn't go in the water. For the sake of not walking a 1/2 mile uphill to the cabin, she wanted to potty by the tree "like Ethan." So, I let her. I had to keep telling myself "at least it is not in the lake."

Angie Woodson said...

As Ali will attest, Ruby has peed in her yard...when you gotta go, you gotta go:)

Matt said...

Hmmm....I wonder where she got that??? Kevin????? Fess up big boy!!

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

That is HILARIOUS. I'm still laughing because I can TOTALLY see her doing that!

J