Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More waffles please!

"Evie (Eva) & Baby Tessa" in their annual matching jammies photo!
Loving the Irish! "Leggo My Eggo, or just pass me another!"
My dear friend Jamie came over this past Sunday night with her kiddos. The evening was impromptu and not really planned. We just thought the kids could play and we could visit.
Now we feel like they are family so when our families get together it is usually laid back. My husband Kevin had asked the plan for dinner and I said they were coming over. I said to surprise us with something to make from the store. Now this goes to prove that our husbands often have the right idea, while Jamie and I are planners, Matt and Kevin are more laid back.
Kevin came home with groceries for either and Italian meal or waffles...The kids saw the waffles and went nuts! They were so excited (maybe we plan are meals to much?) this simple meal went over great, we almost ate two large boxes of waffles and sausage links as well. Jamie and I must put more thought into dinner than we need to...clearly, the kids were thrilled with Kevin's dinner idea! We had a wonderful evening as always, most importantly we kept it simple and everyone had fun!

1 comment:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

LOVE us some WAFFLES!!!!! TOOO much fun...thanks for the great time!

Jamie