Friday, March 27, 2009

The Fingerprints of God

I had the joy of napping with our girls today. I like to do this from time to time to enjoy some snuggle time. As I was laying there with them, one in each arm, I had to say a special prayer of thanks for our beautiful girls...their health, their happiness, their gentle little hands that I was holding, the sweet smell of love that they carry, and most importantly that we have the opportunity to have them and raise them.
I often have music on during their nap time while I am doing things around that house and today was no different, except that it was a Mommy nap time as well. I had on the XM Station call The Message,(a great Christian music station) and the song "Fingerprints of God" by Stephen Curtis Chapman was on. I had to relate... I truly see the fingerprints of God when I look at our girls. We are so blessed for these moments of the journey and I make every effort the savor them, and thank God for our many blessings. I wished Kevin could have come home an took a picture of this special moment. I try to capture these moments in my mind and hold them tight!!
As the quote on Ella's bedroom wall reads... "Some people dream of angels, I hold one in my arms." I enjoyed holding my angels today and everyday!

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I still love holding my little angels in my arms - it's the BEST!