Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My First Trip to the Dentist!!

Tess had her first visit to the dentist office this morning. With her third birthday is this week, it was time to go and have a checkup and get acquainted with the dentist. I was a bit nervous considering how Tess woke up this morning, slightly out of sorts...a bit hyped up....I thought this ought to be fun in a dentist chair!
Grandma Sherry came to stay at the house with Ella, so Mommy & Tess could go to the dentist. I had my teeth cleaned first and Tess sat on my lap and watched with amazement as the wonderful hygienist explained all the tools and details of what she was doing, you could tell she was a Mommy of a two year old.
Then, it was the big girl's turn....She did AWESOME! We were quite impressed. She sat still, she opened her mouth "Like a Daddy Lion" and she thought the mouth vacuum was pretty neat. She ended up getting her teeth cleaned, her teeth checked, and a bubble gum fluoride treatment...Bonus! She was so proud of herself, you could see it in her beautiful little grin....I Love It!!
Wow, she is such a big girl. Time sure goes by fast, and she walked out proud and ready to come back next time....Goal Achieved! Now if we can convince her that flossing is fun!
I was so proud of our little peanut! We ordered her birthday balloons, had lunch with Grandma and called it a productive day, and it was only 1:30 p.m.!!! Well done Tess, we are so proud of you!!!

3 comments:

Nikki Bradley said...

Awww Kim she looked like she did an AWESOME Job! How Fun...Tell her Nikki said she is proud of her!! I wish I could have cleaned her teeth!! :) haha!! Do you guys go to Dr. Sonner here in Waky?

Anonymous said...

(It doesn't look like she wore her red pants. LOL.) You have a good little patient on your hands. I'm so proud of her. I always took my kids to Bonnie Doons after they went to the dentist. :) Mimi

Stacey said...

Love this! I remember being SO relieved when our first dentist experience (filling) was done. What a big girl!