Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bye Bye BEBE....The Fairy Flew In Last Night!

Who would have thought, but I should have know with our little one.....A MILESTONE of a Day!
Last night Tess and I were discussing her binky AKA: BEBE. I was holding Ella while Tess was playing in the tub and we were discussing life with a binky. Tess asked me "Does Ella like her BEBE likes me", "Yes, Honey she does". I started to talk to Tess (as I have been preparing her for some time now) about the time when BEBE needs to go to babies who need Binkys. We have read books from the library about this big event and talked about it often. I told Tess about the Binky Fairy last night, she was on board right away!!
"Tess, the binky fairy flies in to get binkys when little kiddos are ready to stop using them and takes them to babies who need them"...."Den (then) what Mommy?" Well, (THINK FAST KIM), then the binky fairy leave big girl gifts for you". After bath time she brought me her binky and said "what do we put it in?"...
We went to the gift bag bin and she chose a bag (zebra print), she put all 6 binkys in it. She sucked on each one of them as she put them in the bag. TOO PRECIOUS, (hold back the tears Mommy) at this point I am asking myself, "Is Mommy ready for this big girl step????" We hung the bag on the front door handle with a note in it... I will be keeping that note forever", it was so sweet, she wanted the fairy to know it was for the babies and that she would like some candy in the bag in the morning.
Tess went to bed fine, after a lot of talking about random things, she only asked for it once. Then she was VERY pleased with her goody bag when she woke up and found it on the door. Today, she requested her binky a few times, we had some tears and some challenging behaviors, I think one would call it "Withdrawal" but overall, we are really proud of her. Se was a bit today, but she wasn't really sure why. So, she got snuggled A LOT, and challenged me A LOT pushing some limits, but all part of it. I can't believe she is getting to be such a big girl, I am a bit emotional about it. More importantly I am thankful to God for the healthy growing of our girls, and glad that I have pictures of the little peanut with her BEBE.

4 comments:

The Buening Family said...

Yea for Tess! and you! We need to plan a visit this summer. I miss you.
Love, Sus

beachy keen girl said...

YEEAAA Tessa! What a huge milestone :) I have seen the fairy thing on nanny 911 and thought it was a great idea. I'm sure she will adjust after a couple of days, especially since she knows her Bebe's when to babies who can use them. What a big girl!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Tess!!!! She is such a big girl! Santa (HoHo) took our first baby's binky and gave it to children that needed those binkies more! I remember Brooke wrapped it in Christmas paper and put it under the Christmas tree and HoHo came and picked it. It was hard too and the story goes on and on from there!!!! You guys are the greatest! MiMi

Angie Woodson said...

That IS a milestone - what a big girl. I understand about it being hard on Mommy. I've kept all of Ruby's...they're in my top dresser drawer :(