Friday, October 23, 2009

Retirement..

There is equal shares of Humor and Joy with I talk to both our parents about what they have recently been up to....I am so glad for them, I hope Kevin and I are blessed some day to enjoy our retirement years....He claims he "married a younger wife so he could retire early" Ha! my response "I married and older man :) so I could retire early"!?!?!? Our girls have some active grandparents! Larry & Sherry....They have had the opportunity to travel a lot recently, the motor home has had many miles put on it...They have had another travel season of seeing much of the country! Regardless of the chemo and the radiation, You can't keep and good man down! I am so happy for them and they have a Vegas Trip to the Bull Riding Finals coming up! I say "Good for them!" ...Living it up! Jerry & Marilyn ...Busy as ever, visiting often, and staying active....a recent phone call went something like this "Hi Dad what are you and Mom up to this today" Well, Mom is at Zumba Class (spare me the details hehehe!), I am going to the gym, we have a health fair today, then I won tickets to the Pacer game for tonight." Wow, you have a busy day" "yes, and I am so exciting I am having my dolphin encounter that Mom bought me tomorrow at the zoo" (Yes, he put on a wetsuit and went swimming with dolphins)....Whale Done Parents! Both of our parents: Enjoying life, loving their family and being amazing Grandparents to our girls!! We are also equally blessed that they get along well and we ALL can get together often for dinners and holidays....such a blessing!

1 comment:

beachy keen girl said...

You are so blessed. I'm happy they are out and about and enjoying their lives too :) What fantastic parents and grandparents the girls have.

P.S. Zumba = so much fun!!!