Friday, October 9, 2009

Part of the Journey...

"Momma said there be days like this there would be days like this my Momma said!" Well, this is so true....While the Motherhood is amazing there are certainly challenges to accompany the many joys..... Here is the scene...9:00pm Tuesday night....Tessa's room....Did I mention it was past bedtime??? Our little girl wanted to remind us of the strong-willed side of being three. Tess DID NOT want to go to bed, she tried every excuse to leave her room. We had watched "Max & Ruby", Read numerous books, brushed teeth, and snuggled....She was not convinced that this was enough.... What is a caring Mommy to do?? Well, this Momma parked it right by her door....LET THE GAMES BEGIN.... Score: Mommy ~0 Tessa~ 0 Let me go see Daddy... Okay, go give him a night night kiss.... Tessa - Is now up by One! I go get her.... Tears begin...."Tess it is bedtime, time to go to sleep and rest" Tears intensify... Ability to reason....GONE!! Mommy ~0 Tessa ~1 Then she changes into EXTREMELY tired 3 year old! Exhaustion tears, very loud protests, "I am so tired Mommy, I want out of my room?" I had to sit against the door.... She tried to budge me...(This Momma is not moving) TIE game!! She shoved, I ignored and reassured her that it was bedtime.... Screams continue, pushes continue..."that is enough Tess" She moved away from me, held up her hands,"I just want out Mommy" I put her back in bed, she gets out (Repeat 5 times) (By now I am more exhausted then she is) I sit against the door, she pushed, against me to move me (My thoughts, good luck little one, Momma is strong willed like you :) Mommy is gaining control of the game.... Mommy ~2 Tess~1 Tess collapses in my lap, Sniffle, sniffle, deep breaths, (Huge Brown Eyes look up at me) "I tired Mommy" "I know Babe" "I sorry Mommy, I loves You and Daddy, and Ella....ZZZ! Mommy ~ZERO Tess ~ 100....While it was a challenge, when she ends on that note, who is keeping score, it was worth every bit, but I had to go early that night....(I would never let her in on that information....Not until someday when she is a in the Mommy shoes) Motherhood, while sometimes are challenging, and we have to be strong....and know, it is worth it, nobody ever said it was easy, but it is amazing! And....We just love them no matter what!

1 comment:

The Buening Family said...

Oh, I remember those days with Ethan. You are right, it is exhausting!