Sunday, October 11, 2009

Apples, Pumpkins and Mud Oh My!

Family traditions....Very important in my opinion....One of my many fond memories of growing up is our annual trip to the Apple Orchard for apple picking, always around Mom's Birthday.
It had been years, too long, since we had experienced this joy. We made a return this weekend and it was very enjoyable!!
We hunted for the "perfect plump pumpkin" There is something about pumpkins, "the perfect pumpkin" is so different in everyones' point of view. The pumpkin that was perfect for us this year was the one that Tess described as "This is the one Ella and I like", that was it. Of course this was after many had been picked up and dropped, we had to discuss pumpkin kindness!
Then, as our search continued for "Festive Fall Fun"...& "Family Time" as Kevin calls it, .... We found that the orchard was a "Bit" muddy. The guys had a "Fun" time pushing out...
Dad's Car.....
Kevin & Lori's Van....
Times like this are why we have All Wheel Drive....
We picked many apples and I am looking for recipes....Apple Butter, Apple Crisp, Apple Sauce... (Do I sound like Bubba Gump?)
We all enjoyed the Apple Pickin' and the dinner out to eat! A fun family time! I am hopeful that we can have traditions like this carry on as the girls grow!

6 comments:

beachy keen girl said...

awww, it looks like you guys had a perfect time...pushing the car out and everything. the girls chose perfect pumpkins and looks like a lot of fun eating everything apple.

i love family traditions too! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and great story! Your mom and dad and the rest of the family look great!!

Bobbie said...

Love this post, Kim! Looks like everyone will take away memories of a beautiful fall day - and a very special time together!!!

Angie Woodson said...

GREAT pictures! Ohhh the van stuck in the mud....that seems to ring a bell with me!! LOL!!! I have an amazing apple pie recipe - passed on to me from a friend. I'll e-mail it to you.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Sooooooo fun!! I loved all the pictures - especially the one of you and Kevin out in the pumpkin patch with the kiddies!!

I also love that the car got stuck because next year you will allll laugh about how the LAST time you went the car got stuck in the mud!!

Fun Memories!!

Oh, and I looooove Ella's pumpkin sweater!! Too adorable!!

Miss you and love you friend!
J

The Buening Family said...

The pumpkin patch and apple orchard . . . there is no better autumn tradition. I love Ella's sweet sweater.
I am hearing, "turn the wheels toward the pond and gun it."