Saturday, April 4, 2009

What's Cooking.?..then some ice cream!

Fun times in the kitchen!
I really enjoy cooking and I get this from my Mom! I think Tessa is on the same path, she loves to help in the kitchen, and anywhere else that she can! While my parents visited we were making supper and Tess wanted in the mix, so we gave her the important job of washing the potatoes. She was so excited to share with Daddy and Pops that she had made the potatoes. In my opinion this sense of pride and involvement is so important! We had a wonderful supper as a family!
Ella had a front row seat to watch us cook, she is learning already!

After supper we had a special journey out to the Dairy Queen for some ice cream, which Tess does not get often so she was very excited! She was able to wear her dress up shoes out to get her treat! She loved her kiddie cone but it must not have been enough, she asked all of us..."What does yours taste like?, can I try, (with a big smile)! She had a tasty good time enjoying her treat and a little bit of Daddy's Blizzard, Pop's waffle cone, and Gamma and Mommy's ice "Ceem" cones.

2 comments:

The Buening Family said...

I love it! That is just like my house--pull a chair up, put on the apron and start helping. Ellie always gets the front row seat at our cooking show.

Anonymous said...

Grandma is traveling through Texas. I love seeing your pictures and wish I could hold the girls and give them big hugs and kisses. Won't be long until I'm home. Keep the pictures coming. Love to all Grandma B