Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I am a.....

Lately, I have been sporting many different looks....I look like, nail polish, a lawnmower, a shoe, a purse,....
Let me explain....
Ella's language explosion is in full force with her exploration of saying words. However, she associates people, particularly Kevin, Tessa and I with items that we use or have. She will point to her painted toes and say "Mommy toes" because I painted them. She points to the truck and trailer and says "Dere Daddy", my shoes and says "Mommy"...
So, the other day Tess inquired about this and we had to explain that she is putting our names with the items she sees use with. So Tessa then asks, "Why does Ella point to the toilet and say Tessa Potty?" It is not because you are a potty, but because you use on.... "Oh, I get it now, she assumes?" ... Yes, I guess that is what you could call it Tess.! ...Never a dull moment, you just have to laugh and smile!

No comments: