Friday, August 20, 2010

First Days....

It is my 10th year of teaching...WOW! and I still get butterflies as the bell rings in the morning.... I am excited like a little kid. I suppose this is a sure sign that I love what I do and where I teach. The kids have such an exciting sparkle in the eyes as they come in, even as 6th graders. I'm certain to greet them and know their names in the first few minutes. It was a good day, a quick day and an enjoyable day. I am still adjusting to not being with the girls constantly, I just love our little peanuts! But as I dear friend Jamie assures me, I am showing them an example of a caring working mother, I love how she and my family always seem to remind me of all the positives life holds!! Thank you Mom and Dad for the Beautiful sunflower Bouquet you sent they are beautiful. Before I received them I had printed a sunshine on my lesson plan book and the quote that ~Family and Friends are the Sunshine of our lives...... SO True. Many prayers for a wonderful school year of learning and enjoyment!

1 comment:

beachy keen girl said...

Aww - your parents are so sweet! Congrats on 10 years! You are a wonderful mother Kim...your sweeties know that you love them and you are definitely teaching them by example.