Friday, June 11, 2010

Oops!

Today we went to the library to return and check out more books. We look forward to our weekly library outings and it is usually a very positive experience. Today, we had to let the librarian know that a certain little sister?? Begins will "E", ends with "A".... Wrote on a page in the library book. Now, about 28 years ago...give or take. Another little sister....Begins with "K", ends with "M", did this to her big brothers books (more than once, I was playing school of course).
So, we reported the damage, and Tessa said "I am sorry my sister did that, I did that to a book once and I was real sorry too!"
The awesome librarian was very understanding and told us not to worry about it. Of course I tried to talk to Ella about it the best I could when it happened."No, no Ella, we don't write in books, that is not kind to books" ...I am certain she understood. due to her puckered lips, sad eyes, and tilted head,...
I think she looks like Daddy here!
...but it did not take her long to resume play and get back to smiling.... Part of the journey, learning from our mistakes!

No comments: