Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Dear Deer....

This morning we experienced reason #496 why we LOVE living in the country. While I was making breakfast Kevin and the girls were in the living room. They were looking out at the snow and there were a family of deer on the back of our property. I was able watch the deer as I was preparing french toast (my favorite breakfast food)...It made for a peaceful morning. Kevin and Tess noticed that one of the deer was limping....Dear Deer... We were worried about the animal!
Kevin and Tess decided that the dear deer were going to be their morning project. After breakfast, they headed to the local feed store. The store that offers quite the variety of goodies! This was a fun outing for the two of them. Tess was so excited, she was dressed in no time!
They came back with a salt lick and a bag of feed for the deer. They hiked out to the trees and set out all the goodies! I was adoring them as I watched their every step out the window. I love to see them enjoying special moments, it is always a joy for me! Tess was so proud of her task with Daddy! "Now they can eat it and be happy!"...
Ella took in her morning nap during the deer adventure. She woke to see her sister outside without her. She realized soon that this was not quite how it should be, so she had to protest! Here's to life in the country and simple Saturday mornings!

1 comment:

The Buening Family said...

Poor Ella, I just want to give her hugs.