Monday, November 2, 2009

Oh My Aching Back!!

I am being reminded very clearly, over the course of the last few days that: Normal days are GRAND! I have not had one in a few days because my back has been hurting, A Lot! Kevin thought he married a younger woman, but the past few days I am showing signs of being 80 years old. I walk hunched over, except for an occasional spasm, which takes me to bending over the counter ...frozen. As Tessa says "Not Good Mom". I truly feel for others with back problems now that I am "feeling their pain". I have been to the chiropractor, taken medication and relaxed....with "some" relieve. The pain feels like a contraction of child birth, but with less break in between! But, the power of positive thinking, my chiropractor, and Bob Marley are telling me... "Don't worry about a thing, every little thing gonna' be alright" (But of course not soon enough for this Momma!) The toughest part about this episode is that I can't be my normal "wife/mother Self" I have to rely on others to do the simplest of tasks....Frustrating!!! I am truly thankful for my amazing support system to help me out, swallowing my pride, I must say help! For now, I shall do what is best....Rest! Better back days are coming, I am looking forward to them for sure!

6 comments:

Matt said...

Ya...Bob Marley was singing those words and at the same time smokin' a big fat doobie! Maybe you should try that!?

beachy keen girl said...

Oh no! Not again. I hope you start feeling better SOON.

Anonymous said...

i'm here for you if you need me. can i do anything for you. always in my prayers. cheri'

Angie Woodson said...

Hmmmm...this happens just as your birthday is quickly approaching?! Coincidence? I think not...:))

Hope you're back to your old self soon - love ya!

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Thinkin' about you friend....and miss you!!!!

J

Clarissa said...

I hope you get to feeling better before "our" birthday!