Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sun Lotion....

Tess might be a bit obsessed with the beach, she comes by this honestly. Since our Florida trip this past spring she frequently takes trips to "Pretend Beach, I go to the beach Mom, Okay, bye, safe trip". She told me the other day that her and "Lily" (her friend I can't see but who she really has fun with) were going "at the pretend beach Mom, see you".
So as this enjoyment of the beach continues she had a recent trip to her pretend beach! I was putting Ella in her jammies after her bath. One minute Tess is talking to us then she disappeared. I said where are you going? "At pretend beach Mommy, I be right back" (okay, she plays this a lot, she will be fine to two minutes ...wrong again, Kim)
Ella and I journey to find Tess.
She is in our bathroom.
She has removed her clothes and put on a swimsuit and flop flops.
She is in our tub, and I smell something...???...what is that???
"Hi Mommy, it's fine Mommy, it's fine Mommy, (hand up in the air), I a baby, babies make messes,???(really, she is been telling me recently how BIG she is), It's sun lotion, I am going to the beach at Florida"
She had lotion EVERYWHERE!
I had to laugh, (a talk to her about it of course) she was on a mission and saw the opportunity and seized it! Then she help me "cleans it up", "I will help you Mommy and give you a hand"!
Our Little Beach Girl!!
All Clean!!!

7 comments:

Clarissa said...

Makenzie and Chloe enjoyed this! They thought it was funny. Chloe has the same pj's! Your girls are so adorable. Let me know when you are coming back this way and we can plan something!
Love,
Clarissa

Angie Woodson said...

Oh Lord...your clean-freak self must have struggled with this one ;) Ruby always talks about her pink house that has no Mommy and Daddy, but it has a yellow swimming pool with an orange star and a purple slide....gotta love those imaginations!

Anonymous said...

OMG, can you believe those imaginations their heads are filled with. Don't you wish you could fast forward when Tess is 21 just to see what she will be doing? (then back again quickly - we don't time to go by fast) Cheri'

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Gotta love those moments when you are caught between pulling your hair out and doubling over with laughter!!!! I've found the laughter usually wins! Ha!!!

Love you friend!
Jamie

beachy keen girl said...

OH MY GOODNESS...I'm glad it was you and not me :) Tessa is hilarious, she has such an imagination. I'm glad in her imagination she loves being at the beach :)

The Buening Family said...

I LOVE it! Paul and I both laughed out loud. I am glad that you were able to take some photo. These are the moments I want to remember when I am old and gray.

Anonymous said...

lets lock the bathroom door and get that swimsuit off we can use the lotion as lube, you pull your butt cheeks wide open I will apply the lotion mmmmmmmmmmmm nice n tight and too young to tell