Monday, February 23, 2009

ZZZ...Drifting Off to Dream, Slowly...

Bedtime routine, or routines in general a important at Our House, however, flexibility is a virtue as well. We sure experienced this tonight. While our typical bedtime routine for our 2 1/2 year old consist of this... Bath time, Maybe a short TV show while cuddling on the couch, Brush teeth, saying prayers, turning on instrumental music, XOXOXO, Story time, and then typically falling asleep during the story....Tonight was different... It went some thing like this... Meltdown because we did not want to go to bed...Calmed down for Mommy...Laid down...Got up.(repeated this step a few times for random things)..Said Prayers...Said More Prayers...Read Story #1...Story #2...."Okay Tess, No More stories...It is bedtime"..."Shhh, listen to the music"...Tess singing to the music, with her own words (adorable)...Request for "Night-Night Milk"...Rubbing Mommy's Hair..."Okay Tess...Time to sleep, ...Mommy "Lay Yous Down with me Peas" (Who can turn that down? Not Me!) ..."Tell Me a Story"..."Where is my Blankey"...Tess started talking about random things...ZZZZ! And Our Angel Sleeps (Of Course some of the details were left out...I could go on forever...Although, I will look back some day and wish to have this precious senario repeated... While this took a bit longer tonight and I could have tucked her in and said good night, our little Tess has much more strong will then that, she would have been making an appearance in the living room. Now, is part of this our fault for "Giving In" maybe, but it is our decision and we see it this way: She is only little once and ...the time was very well spent! Yes, there are times for a more forceful approach, and we do that for certain situations...But for now, We are "enjoying the entire journey" and savoring when we are needed...Life is good...We Love You Tess. One final note, Thank you to my Mom for the many nights of sitting with me until I drifted off to dream, I think I had many "sweet dreams" because you did that for me...and I think I turned out just fine :) I Love You Mom! Our girls are now sleeping and it is time for everyone to get some rest!