Saturday, February 28, 2009

Binky Girls!

Tess and Mommy washed all the Bee-Bees! Every child has their items they are attached to...Blankey, Teddy Bear, Binky... Both our girls enjoy their binky, which Tess Nicknamed at a very young age her "Bee-Bee" Now while some feel these items are something that children should part with quickly, Our household finds them to be a healthy part of childhood. Now, we realize that Tess is approaching three and the time will come very soon when she needs to part with the "Bee-Bee", (We are not anticipating this will be an enjoyable experience for the household). However, the bear can stick around as long as she needs "Beeper the Bear". Having snuggley girls is something we are both happy with! I think that feeling secure and loved truly helps to build a loving bond and self-esteem. We are enjoying it and I will jump at any opportunity to snuggle my girls, while they enjoy their "Bee-Bees", Blankeys and Bears! Did you have a security item as a child?

2 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

yep....my teddy. I named him "chewy" and after he became so ratty my mom could no longer keep him together (he was LOVED to death) I moved on to "Cuddles".

Still have both of them...Eva occasionally sleeps with Cuddles.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim...this is Kathy (Matt's sister) Kallie had her "b-cee" (binky) until she was 3 and one night she just said, "Mom, I don't want my b-cee anymore" That was the end of it! I on the other hand, STILL have a pillow that I love to hold at night that my aunt gave me before she passed away. In fact, my husband and I usually fight to see who gets it first!!