Friday, March 19, 2010

When Irish Eyes are Smiling....

I enjoy St. Patrick's Day!! It must be the Irish Dad that I have. He is so good about keeping up the family genealogy and so I have learned much about my Irish ancestors! I think the holiday is fun....green clothes, green rivers, pinching....:) We ventured out for anything but a typical Irish meal on St. Patrick's Day with our friends! To avoid the busy restaurants serving green beer we opted for an Italian restaurant and the kiddos had German chocolate cake.Yep! But they were wearing their green and we enjoyed the visit! Maybe one of these years we can go and have a "real" Irish meal....In Ireland!

2 comments:

beachy keen girl said...

Looks like a great time -- and a green river sounds good right now :)

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Loved our time with you guys!!! Glad we were all over our colds and could enjoy ourselves!!

J