Monday, March 29, 2010

Security...

Well, some might say it is a insurance policy, a retirement fund, ...yes it is these things. It is also much more, like a favorite blanket, Home, Being with family and friends. In other words, I think a need for security is healthy and part of what makes each of us unique.
As I journey through life my "security" has changed with the different stages. Of course, there are things that we have in place for financial security, home security, safety etc.... As a child, my blanket, binky, (we won't mention how long I had them), and being home with my family, a true blessing! Constants of security for me....Faith, Family and Friends!
Kevin and Our girls are a true sense of security for me. Family has always been and will always be a source of refuge and security, I know how blessed I am by this and to have had this through my entire life! Regardless of what the day has in store for me, there a true sense of security to being home with them. There is such an awesome feeling that comes over me when I walk into see the girls and they come running to me. Eyes twinkling, running "little feet" and grins from ear to ear....Security! Both our girls are snugglers, we are so glad to share in the joys of that!!
Kevin coming home, by heart still skips a beat! Security!
I am also blessed daily by my Love for Jesus and his sacrifice for us! My faith grows stronger everyday, (maybe it is age and raising a family), but I am so thankful for this realationship in my life. Some days throw us challenges and if I look to Him, I am comforted!
Friends, The family God allows us to choose! Our friends are so dear to us, and many of them are family to us! I truly believe in quality not quantity, a true friend, a true treasure!
Security....A Blessing in many ways! We encourage the girls to have their security! Tess, Loved, loved, loved her binky until the binky fairy came, she still has her bear, Beeper, she calls it her "lovey"! Ella, well she has a entourage. binky, blanket , some times a bear! They both love to rub my hair when they are tired (I love it!) Security....part of what makes us all feel comfortable and confident! ....

1 comment:

The Buening Family said...

There is nothing more comforting than a good hug!
Miss you.