Monday, March 22, 2010

An Eggcellent Time!

Family Traditions....Some serious, some legacies, and some well....Silly! "The lost Egg Tree" As long as I can remember it was a tradition to decorate the egg tree at my parents house. Years ago it was common to see many egg trees in their neighborhood. I wonder why the decrease in the amount of "Eggcellent Trees" during the Easter Season in recent years. Is it "Too Silly", a shortage of eggs?, or, are people not taking the time to decorate? It was a fun part of my childhood.
The girls took part in their first "Egg Tree" decorating festivities at my parents this weekend! Although the adults did as much of, if not most of the actual hanging of the eggs, the girls had a good time! As I pulled away on Sunday in the car to head home, I had to smile as the simplicity of that tree, but yet, the joy of such a simple joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the egg tree! I'm glad the tradition continues. :)