Monday, December 7, 2009

"Tree"ditions....

Family traditions can span throughout the year, but it seems to me that the Holiday season is certainly a time to both enjoy and establish family traditions!
One family traditions from Kevin's side of the family that I have enjoyed since the first time I experienced it was the "Christmas tree cutting outing"! I find it to be "All-American" and while some years, quite cold, a simple joy of the holiday season.
Since I was nine month pregnant with Ella-Bear last year, we went the artificial tree route, and I missed the "real tree in the house"!...the smell, the natural look, oh! and the needles in your toes...all part of the experience!
This year....Out we went! Tess was quite excited going into the day...."When are we going to get there, where is it at, will there be animals at the tree farm?" We walked through the fields of trees, and looked, and looked, then actually settled for one of the pre-cut trees, but enjoyed the "experience" of it all!
One of the highlights was Tess getting a candy cane from the greeter, Santa Hat and all! She was enjoying it..."I will brush my teeth two times Mommy, because Dr. Yoder (our dentist) said to brush after candy....She listened! Look at that smile....
"Tree hunting made this little one tired!"
We brought the tree home, decorated and now we have the enjoyment of it...
Christmas Time is now officially here!

2 comments:

beachy keen girl said...

awww, how sweet :) I've never gone and cut a tree down, we always had an artificial tree and I've just stuck to that since I moved out of the house. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. What a fun tradition :)

The Buening Family said...

Oh what fun! I can't wait to see you in just a few short days!