Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Check-Ups

As a parent well-baby checkups are always a bittersweet experience....You have the opportunity to hopefully hear wonderful things about your baby and then you are able to see how much they have grown. I am always prayerful going into the appointment that all will be well.
We have been blessed with continued health of our girls.
Ella had her one year checkup and she is gr owning so quickly. 22lbs. and 31 1/3 inches long. The usual questions went well....she is eating well, walking, babbling.... We have a wonderful doctor who is medically knowledgeable and a mother of little ones, a winning situation in my mind. She also never minds my many questions! We did have to wait this time....I find myself coming up with some unique ways to entertain a one year old, I even found myself dancing around the doctors room while waiting, thank goodness for the mirror in the room...peek-a-boo is always a winner!
Ella was a giggling one year old, then came the shots....My LEAST favorite part, they know when the nurses come in, Ella looked at me like, They are here???? Interesting both nurses attend our church, at least the girls will have some positive thoughts of them as well. There is the initial quiet stare at me, then the tears, it breaks your heart, I always tell the girls....it is to keep you well, they don't care at that point, it jsut hurts! Tess loved her sister's band-aid when we got home....bright pink. She took them off Ella in the tub and no tears....great job big sister! Most important, Ella is well!!

1 comment:

The Buening Family said...

I am so glad everyone is healthy and growing wonderfully! We LOVE to make race tracks for the Hot Wheels with markers or crayons on the tissue paper that covers the examine table or the little bottles of bubbles from weddings are perfect, but our NEW favorite thing to pass the time is the D0-a-Dot markers. They look like bingo stampers. The kids love them. We make all kinds of pictures. Have a wonderful 2010! Much love, Sus