Tuesday, August 16, 2011

VERY First Day!


 It was a major milestone in our lives....we had been preparing for it and the VERY first day of school arrived!  Tessa had fun the night before packing all of her school supplies in her new backpack, she woke up happy for the day! 

Once all ready to go we headed for her school, I could feel the emotions coming on.  I took Ella to Lorene's house (more on that later)..... I met Kevin and Tessa at her school, there were balloons and high school students to welcome us.  She held tight to our hands and we did the same.  My prayers were for her to feel safe and comforted.  We walked her down the hall and saw her teacher's smiling face, there was the comfort for all of us. 

 She turned into the rarely seen timid Tessa as we gave her well wishes, reassurance, hugs, kisses and I Love Yous. She stood by the door and took it all in, and I memorized that moment, our Baby Girl, Peanut,...taking a step into a new excited World. My heart was emotional, and I had to be strong and hold back some Mommy tears, they were there, just not to the extreme that they could have been, I held it together, (until I reached the car) and  I held Kevin's hand as we walked out of the school.   There is comfort in the school she is at, and it will be a daily adjustment with many conversations, prayers and learning.  We are so proud of her!

Tessa was all smiles this afternoon and she told us all about it.
Best of all she was smiling, prayers answered!




1 comment:

The Buening Family said...

My "mommy tears" have been following like crazy this week. Our babies are growing up!?! I am glad Tess had a wonderful first day ever!