Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ella's Perspective....

 This photo of a recent dress up time says it all, "Sister Love!"
It has certainly been a week of adjustment as we are back to school.  Overall, it has gone really well, it might start to feel like normal in a week or two.  Tessa has had great things to say about school including big smiles.  However, it took Ella some time to adjust.....

Day One: 
The scene is Ella and I in my car going down the driveway in the morning.
"Where are we going?"
"To Lorene's"
"Why is Tessa with Daddy"
"He is taking her to school, remember we talked about her going to school some days and being with you on the others"
-Lip Pucker
-Thinking look in her eye.....pause.....and now, we are in melt down mode!
"Go back Mommy" (pointing back toward the house)
"Now, Puleezz", I want to go in Daddy's Car, Right Now, I want my Sissster", major tears flowing ....feet are kicking....Can't you Puleeze go and get her for me-s" Don't unbuckle me I want to go back!" Puleeeze....

It broke my heart, we both had tears, she FINALLY calmed down and ended up having a good day, but was sure to run to her big sister! 

The sister bond is strong.....

1 comment:

The Buening Family said...

That breaks my heart. Ellie also had a hard time without her sister.