Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mountain Inspiration, Lace em up, go!

I had a plan....and it worked! I have always enjoyed running.  I have missed it over the last couple years, and honestly my bad back was keeping me from it. So, I thought while we were in Oregon, I would gradually try to pick it up again, and see how I felt.....FABULOUS!  The joy I get out of running is the thinking time and the opportunity to push myself for just a little more distance each day.  I am so glad that it worked out!  Having the mountains to look at each morning while I ran certainly helped.  I have started and I am going to keep with it. My first challenge has already hit. It has been 90 degrees plus since we have returned. The treadmill is just not quite the same, it will cool off soon.  I love personal goals and this is my current one. God has given me strength and I want to start being better to my body.  I want our girls to have a healthy Mommy and I want to be a positive example to them. I hope the runs continue to go well, day by day, step by step!

No comments: