Thursday, April 15, 2010

Play.....

I have such a deep, true appreciation for playtime. It is so enjoyable to watch our girls playing. They are really interacting with one another now and the simple joy bring such a smile to my face and warmth to my heart. I am not sure if it is innocence of playtime, the simplicity of it, or a combination of both. The world seems to be so far away when I am playing with the girls. With them being footloose and fancy free I can't help myself to join in! Although it is hard to put the lingering laundry aside, or start dinner just a little bit later for the night, I find playtime to be so important.
Tess is such a creative little (almost four year old...) one, and Ella seems to try her best to imitate and keep up with Tess. They can play for long periods of time, playing make believe, or with their toys, being outside it their favorite! Through playing there are so many life lessons to be learned....
Share ....Have Fun....Put your troubles aside....Imagine.....Create.....Think outside the box....Dress-up.....Imitate.....Pretend.....
Our girls have the art of playing down and I am so thrilled to take it all in! One of the many joys of parenting! We have a daily reason to play with our girls! The four of us where outside recently and we had such a fun time just playing in the yard.
I have fond memories of my Mom, Dad and Brother taking time to play. I also can remember playing often with friends and begging Mom for "five more minutes" to be outside, SIMPLE JOYS!
I often think that children stop playing "too early" in their lives. I see this as a teacher. I always appreciate the students who are able to let their guard down and just have some simple fun! I still enjoy it myself and I think everyone should take time out once in a while to relax and play! Not to play on the computer or relax watching t.v., rather, go out, be outside and play, set a play date with a friend or your spouse....enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny your blog mentioned this. With Summer slowly approaching, I was remembering playing in your backyard the other day, or the games we made up playing inside. Great memories! I'm glad your girls are enjoying the same pleasures we had.