Friday, April 23, 2010

"Pancake Supper"

Tessa LOVES pancakes, and so do we ....so....each year our little town has a "pancake supper" and Tess asks about 20 times throughout the year if it is time for the "Pancake Supper"....the time finally came. We ventured to the crowded middle school cafeteria to enjoy some pancakes, sausage, and some social time. I LOVE the joys of a small town, the list goes on and on for me. I suppose being raised in a small town always kept me hoping to settle near a small town, and live in the country. I do love a trip to the city, and I enjoy wearing a nice pair of high heels, but when it comes down to it, I like a mix of high heels and corn fields....a perfect balance in life.
The Pancake supper was enjoyable, but even better than the pancakes were the people. Most of them simple people taking in the joys of a hometown meal and festival. We sat with two retired couples who told their stories of the farms where they grew up and raising their children in this area. They were sporting their nice "I've been to Florida all winter" tans and some spiffy outfits. They are probably living their dreams of small town life with an early retirement....Simple pleasures. They went on and on about our girls. We had a great evening and Tess is already asking about next year!!

No comments: