Monday, January 11, 2010

Cute Car Quotes....

The car brings out so many fun times, learning experiences and conversations. Yes, we do like to listen to music in the car and I see where people can benefit from a DVD player....But some great times come out of our car chats....And I must add....I love the view of the girls in my review view mirror. They often entertain one another and they are both laughing...good times...
Here are so recent "Deep" conversations with Tess:
Hey Mommy, Don't I Look Like a "ROCKSTAR"...Yes, indeed you do Tess, and a very cute one! (I am her number one groupie!)
Mom, did you know that Ada (our long term imaginary friend) is tall and has long arms? Really, Tess, How long are her arms? She can reach the tops of trees and all the way to heaven to see Grandma's Mommy" "She must be tall"....
"Mom, Ella is dancing like me"
AND...Some conversations with Ella ....
"La, La, Laaaa"then some smiles. She had discovered her tongue and found out that it makes some really fun noises.... Giggles....Usually directed at Tess. Luckily, Tess has a remarkable way of getting Ella to stop crying, sometimes by singing, dancing or talking to her... Tess is always calm about it, such a great big sister.
As time marches on the "Car conversations will change", some day we will be talking about friend issues, or even other tougher topics, but one thing is for sure, I believe strongly in the power of conversation and communication and I hope and pray that the girls always feel comfortable talking to Kevin and I.

1 comment:

beachy keen girl said...

i love listening to the kids in the car too - they are always so cute.

tell tess she is a rockstar -- and that her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard ;) bahaha (that was for Kevin :))